You can make your own clothing line . Or, you can monetize an audience or cater to a particular niche. Print-on-demand makes it possible to do all that without holding your own inventory.
But it is not easy to choose the best free or paid print on-demand companies to work with . This can make it difficult to realize your vision. Each platform offers a unique catalogue of products, shipping considerations, as well as unique features. This will impact your choice.
We have reviewed 10 print-on–demand sites that allow you to design, sell, and ship your custom products.
Here are some key considerations to help you find the right print-on demand service for you.
- Shipping What is the production time after a customer orders? Which country does the company ship from What are its average shipping times? How is shipping calculated
- Printing options Which printing techniques and customizations are they available?
- Unusual features: Is there a unique feature or offering that sets them apart?
- Recommended For:Who’s this print-on-demand solution best suited for?
- Overview of the product catalog: What customize print on-demand products is the service offering?
Shopify lets you integrate with all the companies listed on this print on demand list. You can build an online storefront branded for your company that allows you to list custom products, things and sell where your audience spends time.
- Shipping Products can usually be shipped within 2 to 5 business days from the US and Mexico. With 50% of orders being ready in less than 3 days, Standard shipping to USA starts at $3.99, and can take three to four days. Shipping costs will vary depending on what product you choose. You can get discounts for additional items that are ordered together.
- Printing optionsPrintful offers different printing options depending on the product. For an additional charge, you can add tear-away labels to your products as well as stickers and inserts on your packaging. This will give you a more personalized customer experience.
- Unique feature: The built-in mockup generator makes it possible to quickly sell your products. Printful integrates well with many commerce platforms and marketplaces, such as Shopify. A 20% discount is available on all sample orders.
- Recommended For: Both newbies and seasoned entrepreneurs who want an easy, flexible solution that can scale with their business. It is also a good choice if you want to market phone cases or to print on demand T-shirts .
Printful is one among the most popular print on-demand companies. The company offers many products you can customize and features to get you started. These features include tshirt mockup generation and services such logo design. Printful’s catalog can help you sell apparel, prints or home decor.
Your branding can be added to your products and packaging at an additional cost. Printful offers many services including marketing videos and graphic design. They also offer bulk discounts of up 30%.
- T-shirts (American Apparel, Bella + Canvas, Gildan, etc.)
- Joggers, leggings, and sweatpants
- Backpacks & Tote Bags
- Phone cases
- Bean bag chairs
- Framed posters
- More than 220
- Shipping Ships within 48hrs from the US. Starting at $3.57 domestic shipping, with an estimated arrival time between 3 and 8 business days. Prices are calculated based upon the order total, not on individual products or quantities. For more details, refer to SPOD’s shipping tool.
- Printing Options:Digital transfer/laser transfer and thermal sublimation are some of the options available.
- Exclusive features: The product customization tool lets customers personalize the purchase with their own images, or their own designs. There are over 50k design options offered by SPOD. There is also a 20% discount when you order samples.
- Recommended to: People new to printing on-demand who want quick fulfillment, simplified shipping and competitive prices. SPOD provides one of the best customizing tools, which allows customers to personalize products with photos of their dogs.
Spreadshirt has SPOD as its own business. It is one of the top print on demand businesses. It boasts one the fastest fulfillment time in the industry, with 95% orders shipping within 48 hours. This provides a great experience for the end customers.
While it might not have the largest range of products, it does offer the most competitive prices and an intuitive product designer.
Shipping costs are also simple with a pricing model that is based only on the purchase price of the products. It can quickly get complicated to calculate shipping costs for orders that include multiple products from different category. SPOD is based upon order values. This allows you to easily create shipping rules that optimize your profitability while also encouraging upselling and cross-selling to increase customers’ purchases.
- The classic tee shirt (as low $6.39
- Premium organic tshirts
- Adjustable aprons
- Baseball caps
- The longer-length, fitted tank top for women is the long-legged version.
- Camper mugs
- 7-inch crew socks
- You can also choose from 110 other options
- Shipping. Printify, a vendor network means that it sources and prints products worldwide from its partners. The choice of print provider will also affect the products, shipping cost, location, and production time.
- Printing options: Sublimation or direct to garment.
- Special features: You have the option to upgrade to the monthly premium plans for 20% off your orders. This will allow you to make better profits when you scale up.
- Recommended to:Anyone searching for a flexible, cost-effective printing solution that allows them to locate a printing company that ships specific products from specific regions of the world.
Printify is noteworthy in that it provides access to a large number of printing partners all around the world. This means you have more products to choose from and you can also select the printer that is most convenient for you based on where you live.
Printify is a great choice for printing because it offers some of the highest margins and has the largest range of products. Printify’s inherent drawback is that the quality and speed of printing can vary depending on who you work for. Additionally, working with multiple vendors will require additional setup.
- Canvas wraps & Framed Prints
- Fridge magnets
- High heels
- More than 250 additional
4. Apliiq Print On Demand
- Shipping Orders are usually processed within seven days. Apliiq offers worldwide shipping , starting at $3.99 to US. If you need your shipment faster, you can choose either an expedited shipping option or a 10% rush charge.
- Printing options Create products that are truly yours by adding your brand, clothing tags, and embroidered patches. Apliiq offers a variety of printing options, including screen print (for large orders), cut and stitch, applique (where your design is sewn as a separate fabric), or embroidery.
- Exclusive features: Add custom labels and clothing tags to customize your products. Apliiq has more flexibility than other platforms. You can customize the interior of your hoodie or add pockets and patches to your clothes.
- Recommended to:Anyone serious about fashion who wants to create their own line of premium clothing at a higher price, especially if you plan to order large quantities to keep products in stock for offline sales.
Apliiq is the perfect choice if you’re looking to begin a clothing company that values design and quality. It’s based in Downtown LA, and it’s the most trusted provider of print-on-demand clothing. They offer a wide range customization options that will allow you to make your own private brand apparel products.
Apliiq offers wholesale discounts that are better than most print on demand providers. A bulk order for 10 will get 20% off.
Upgrade your plan for $100 to include 100 custom woven label that will be sewn onto all of your products. A markup is charged for quality assurance. The cost of this service includes a review of your product by an in-house production team, which will make minor adjustments to the design. When you are ready for dropshipping or bulk buying, you can be sure that your customers will receive the highest quality version of your product.
- Pocket tees (designs at the chest pocket)
- Premium joggers
- Hoodies featuring print on the interior lining
- Kangaroo hoodies
- Premium snapback hat
- Denim jackets
- Bedding made from eco-friendly materials
- There are many more
- Shipping. Production takes about three to six days. Orders can then be shipped from facilities in the US or Canada. Shipping costs depend on the product, destination and other factors. Teelaunch’s detailed breakdown of product costs can be consulted for more information.
- Printing options Directly to garment or cut and sew for apparel. Laser etching is available for items like tumblers, cutting boards and cooking boards.
- Unusual features: Teelaunch is a product personalization tool. Customers can add their name to a product or upload a photo. It automatically generates high-quality product mockups and lifestyle photos for certain items.
- Recommended to:Anyone who wants a solution that can be used to make high quality products. Teelaunch makes sourcing high-quality products easy and affordable.
Teelaunch rounds off the top 5 print on-demand companies. The best part about Teelaunch’s mockups is that it provides high-quality product images you can use for marketing materials and lifestyle photos.
Teelaunch has everything you need to start a print on demand business.
- T-shirts (Next Level Bella + Canvas, Bella + Canvas, etc.)
- 3-piece canvas sets
- Color-changing mugs
- Monogram handbags
- Penryn backpacks
- Running shoes
- Bluetooth speakers
- Dog bowls
- iPhone cases
- Phone chargers
- More than 120
- Shipping Orders can be shipped in two to three business day from the time they are received. The process for international shipping takes four to five days and domestic shipping takes one to seven days. Domestic shipping within the US costs $4.99, followed by $1.50 per additional item. International shipping costs $7.50 (first item) and $5.95 (each additional item).
- Printing optionsSublimation and direct-to garment, as well as 3D dye diffusion and embroidery printing.
- Unique features: A $30 monthly optional plan provides access to the lowest prices in industry (7 tees and 3 mugs)
- Highly recommended for: Sourcing products that are difficult to find. They have the largest catalogue on this list.
CustomCat is a large-scale, print-on-demand company with the largest number of products. It has over 550. CustomCat is a solid partner for those who are looking for the best print on demand companies that offer a range of products.
It has a wide selection of products and brands to choose from. A $30 per month fee allows you to save on your entire catalog.
- T-shirts: Bella + Canvas, Dickies and Gildan
- Laptop sleeves
- Pet accessories
- Windbreaker pants and jackets
- More than 550 items are available
7. Lulu xPress
- Shipping. Ships within three to five days to over 150 countries via fulfillment centers in the US and Canada. Starts at $3.99 to ship within the US
- Options for printing:Digital printing offers the possibility to choose paper type, trim (from pocketbook size to A4 landscape), quality and color, as well as binding type (perfect bound, softcover, etc. ), with a matte or glossy finish.
- Special features: Lulu makes it easy to sell books on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- Recommended to: Authors/teachers, comedians/illustrators, and other creatives who want to monetize the talent of their audience or create a book/calendar product.
Lulu xPress – Lulu xPress – is Lulu’s print on-demand arm. Lulu is an online platform to self-publish. It makes it easy for you to make and sell your print products.
Lulu xPress has a reputation for being a leading print on-demand company. It is ideal for photographers, writers, educators and creatives with a large audience to monetize. Lulu offers more than the usual merchandise creators sell. It allows you to convert your digital content into a physical product, such as a coffeetable book from your webcomics.
Lulu doesn’t make it difficult to access other distribution channels. Lulu xPress instead allows you to quickly test an idea and make more profit by selling direct to consumers under your own brand. This bypasses traditional publishing’s gatekeepers.
- Booklets for coffee-tables
- Poetry books
- Comic books
- Also, other print products
- Shipping Orders take up to four days to print in France before they can be shipped. Orders within France take two to three business days to arrive, while those from Europe take three to seven working days. International orders take five to ten business days. T-Pop’s shipping pages can help you understand how weight-based shipping rates work.
- Printing options Directly to Garment for Cotton Apparel and Sublimation Dye for Polyester and Accessories
- Unique features:White-label customer experience with completely customizable packing slips. Also, you can print and package eco-friendly products.
- Recommended to: For anyone selling in Europe or looking for an ethical, sustainable and profitable print-on–demand company.
T-Pop is a European-based print-on-demand firm that specializes on accessories and apparel. Every item, from the packaging to your packing slip, will be branded when you receive your order. Your brand can be added to the inside labels for EUR2.50 when you have 100 monthly sales volumes.
What makes T-Pop’s argument for the best print on demand service is its commitment to the environment, from “zero plastic” packaging–advertised on it for customers to see–to 100% recycled paper packing slips.
It puts in extra effort to ensure that its supply chains are as ethically sound as possible. Its main supplier Stanley/Stella belongs to the Fair Wear Foundation. This group is dedicated to ensuring compliance with labor laws when apparel products are manufactured.
- Hoodie dress
- Aluminum bottle
- Tank tops
- Tote bags
- Metal and ceramic mugs
- Cushion and cushion covers
- Baby bibs, onesies and ponies
- There are many more
9. JetPrint: Print on Demand
- Shipping Average production time of three to five days. It offers free shipping worldwide with an average delivery time in the range of 14-20 working days. It offers $15 express shipping to deliver within five to nine working days.
- Options for printing:JetPrint offers a variety of printing options. You can print your own designs onto the watch face. It allows you to choose from many types of watches, colors and straps, so that the final product can be customized.
- Unique functions: Automatically processes orders. JetPrint gives you the ability create high-quality mockups, detailed specs and other products for your website.
- Recommended For: Anyone who’s interested in starting their own custom watches company with a dropshipping fulfillment business model.
JetPrint follows on the list. JetPrint specializes within a specific product category in the print-on–demand space: watches. You have a wide range of styles, straps and colors from which to choose, making it easy to create your own watches for sale on demand. Shipping can be made easy by using express or free shipping with international coverage. It is simple to promote international shipping free of charge to get customers to shop with your company.
JetPrint will automatically create product photos showing off your watch from multiple angles once you’ve completed your product design.
JetPrint has focused largely on watches, but it is expanding its range to include other product categories such as phone accessories and home decor.
- Watches made of genuine leather
- Steel strap watches
- Magnetic steel strap watches
- Perpetual calendar watches
- Hard phone cases
- Wall tapestries
- There are many more
- Shipping. The production time is usually three to five days (seven up to ten for allover-print), and it will then be shipped from one the fulfillment centers in the US. Shipping costs are dependent on the product. Discounts can be applied to additional items in the order. See AOP+’s shipping rates for details.
- Options for printing:AOP+ focuses primarily on dye sublimation (hence, the name) as well as direct-to-garment print.
- Unique features:Include an individual packing slip with all orders. AOP+’s Paid Plans allow for discounts up to 10% as well other custom branding options like packaging stickers or private labeling.
- Recommended to: Anyone looking to quickly launch and evaluate their designs on many products, or who is open to paying a monthly subscription ($11.99 to $19.99), to bring their unique vision of a custom print–on-demand company to life.
AOP+ is focused on simple, all-over print products. The app is simple to use. Simply upload a design and pick the products that you’d like. It is perhaps the fastest way to print-on–demand. It can also print everything in house, which makes it easier to control the quality.
AOP+ offers many of the same features that you would expect from a paid service. But, AOP+ also has paid plans. These paid plans offer discounts, customized options, and much more.
- Throw pillows
- Organic tote bags
- Hard phone cases
- Hoodie dresses
- Flip flops
- More than 200 items are available